What’s the difference between CREW Network membership and CREW Tampa Bay membership?
CREW Tampa Bay is an affiliate organization of CREW Network. Therefore, a member of CREW Tampa Bay is also a member of CREW Network. This global Network is comprised of 70+ affiliate organizations with a total membership of more than 11,000 professionals.
While the overall purpose and goals of CREW Tampa Bay reflect those of CREW Network, CREW Tampa Bay has its own unique structure allowing it to meet the needs of its members and market. CREW Tampa Bay has its own membership criteria and experience prerequisites and determines its own dues. Additionally, CREW Tampa Bay provides its own programs and activities specifically designed to support its Tampa Bay members.
What are the benefits of membership?
Superior business development networking opportunities – CREW Network is one of a select group of commercial real estate associations that are multi-disciplined
- The ONLY association dedicated to influencing the success of the commercial real estate industry by advancing the achievements of women
- Leadership training and mentoring opportunities with professionals from within and outside your industry discipline
- Best practices of chapters and members through member-to-member networking, board hosted calls and chapter playbooks addressing sponsorship, membership, career outreach programs and chapter administration
CREW Tampa Bay members also have access to all CREW Network benefits:
- Exclusive access to CREWbiz, an online business networking tool, membership directory, speakers’ directory and personal marketing profile. Each member’s profile on CREWbiz allows them to promote their skills and expertise to CREW’s member base of more than 11,000 professionals globally
- Discounted registration for the annual CREW Network Convention and Marketplace
- Discounted registration for the winter, spring and fall CREW Network Leadership Summits
- Exclusive access to programs and leadership training, including the CREW Network Certificate in Leadership
- Complimentary copy of all CREW Network industry research, benchmark studies and white papers
- Access to hundreds of industry job postings and career assistance through the CREW Network Career Center
How often do you meet? What’s the time commitment for membership?
CREW Tampa Bay holds monthly luncheons for members and non-members, hosts members-only networking events regularly throughout the year, and has at least three signature events annually. Members are encouraged to attend all of the programs. To truly maximize their member experience, members are encouraged to get involved with a CREW Tampa Bay committee. Committee participation can vary depending on the purpose of the committee. Signature event committees typically have one-hour meetings once a month with more frequent meetings as the event draws near.
What are the requirements to join? How much does membership cost?
Application for General Membership in CREW Tampa Bay is open to commercial real estate professionals who meet the following criteria:
Executive Council Membership
- The applicant is employed in a “Qualified Field of Commercial Real Estate” and has been for a minimum of 5 years
- The qualifying fields of commercial real estate are defined above and include professionals engaged in any of these specific fields
is open to CREW Tampa Bay’s General and Affiliate members who also have at least 15 years experience in a “Qualified Field of Commercial Real Estate."
is open to those employed in a “Qualified Field of Commercial Real Estate”
who have less than 5 years experience in commercial real estate.
are for students currently enrolled full time in an undergraduate or graduate college or university program intended to lead to a career in a commercial real estate field. Student members must actively participate in CREW committees and events.
in CREW Tampa Bay is open to commercial real estate professionals who do not meet the requirements of the other categories of membership and have a minimum of 5 years of business experience in the commercial real estate industry. Affiliate memberships do not automatically renew and may be subject to annual review and approval by the Membership Committee. In addition to regular CREW annual dues, Affiliate members must commit to sponsoring a minimum of $1,000 each year.
Multiple Chapter Memberships
provide memberships in CREW Tampa Bay for individuals who are also General members in another CREW Network chapter.
for CREW Tampa Bay (January – December) are $365, of which $210 is forwarded to CREW Network and $155 is retained by our local chapter.
membership dues are $115 annually, in addition to paying their other dues.
After July 1st
, annual dues are reduced to $195 for the remainder of the calendar year ($145 for Student members).
pay a one time administrative fee of $25.
commit to sponsor a minimum of $1,000 annually, in addition to paying their other dues.
Membership in CREW Network and CREW Tampa Bay is generally non-transferable, non-refundable, and belongs to the individual (not the company). Memberships are also available through some annual sponsorships.
What is the application process?
Applications are accepted throughout the year via an online application. Once an application is completed, CREW Network submits the application to CREW Tampa Bay’s Membership Committee who verifies the information meets the applicable criteria and contacts the applicant’s sponsor. The process is typically 7 - 14 days.
Where do I send my check?
1201 Wakarusa Drive, Suite D
Lawrence, KS 66049
Can I pay by credit card?
Credit cards are gladly accepted.